Saints Rogatian and Donatian Church
The original Roman Catholic parish church was Saints Donatian and Rogatian, located at 27 S. Pleasant Street in Randolph. It was started in 1867, and was the only Catholic church thus named in the United States.
The original Saints Donatian and Rogatian (Basilique Saint-Donatien-et-Saint-Rogatien) is a minor basilica, located in Nantes, France.
Donatian and Rogatian were two brothers, martyred in Nantes during the reign of Roman Emperor Maximian, around 288-290A.D., for refusing to deny their faith. Their feast day is May 24.
In 1903, Saints Donatian and Rogatian Church was moved off the hill in Randolph, where it remained an active church until 2008.
Our Lady of the Angels Church
In 2007, the diocese of Burlington broke ground at the current location at 43 Hebard Hill Road in Randolph. Designed by the pastor, Reverend John Milanese, the church has a large main chapel and Parish Hall, meeting rooms, small chapels, restrooms, and offices.
Members of the parish chose to rename the church, Our Lady of the Angels Roman Catholic Church.
Our Lady of the Angels Church was consecrated on January 27, 2008.
The altar displays a reproduction of a painting by William Adolphe Bouguereau (1825-1905), titled "The Virgin with Angels", 1900 (oil on canvas).